Need help giving up smoking? Can you help others? This is where you can find help dealing with cravings, where you can discuss advance plans for dealing with difficult situations or general advice about staying smoke free.
#439 by AddictionFixMatt
Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:13 pm
Just want to weigh in on this.

Champix on a molecular level resembles nicotine, what it will do is block nicotine from cigarettes, but give you a little bit of a buzz (it still targets those receptors in the brain that release dopamine)--so for smokers that have smoked a long time or have been heavier smokers, it's a way to make quitting alot less stressful than going cold turkey and throwing willpower alone to stop every craving you have.

Is this the magic pill to solve everything? no. but it gives you more time and frees up more energy to help figure out the internal & mental stuff to make you more resilient to smoking again.

As a pharmacist, I recommend taking this with food and full glass of water to reduce the symptoms of upset stomach/nausea.

Hope this helps.
#440 by Non-smoker63
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:01 pm
Thank you for this post. I'm not sure I can stay with Champix - very significant nausea all day - but it got me to stop smoking, so that's something! Now I just need to stay "clean"!
#442 by Smalls
Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
It made me more than nauseous. *warning TMI* I took it for about seven days and it did work, but as the dose increased, the nausea became diarrhea that kept me in the bathroom all day. It triggered a full flare in my IBS.
I'd be really careful if you have IBS or an IBD, this could be a bad combo.
#445 by Countdown
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 am
Champix will do it's job, but it will also reduces your sex drive for years (negative side effect). Use Google to find more info about it.

Note:
Any addition has a psychological component in it. Therefore, any solution which does not address this - will help only temporary.