Need help giving up smoking? Can you help others? This is where you can find help dealing with cravings, where you can discuss advance plans for dealing with difficult situations or general advice about staying smoke free.
#463 by Mo1
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:58 am
Hi I am new here and could use the help from everyone. I saw my dr and she said the only way I can quit is one cig at a time I can't use Chantix or a patch ect so I am looking for help here. I smoke a pack and a half a day for 20 years. :evil: Any and all suggestions are accepted please help :D
#464 by Lyons1515
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:51 pm
Just follow all the things on this app even if they seem silly at the time, they do work. I've been smoke free since April 2015 :)
#465 by Mo1
Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:09 am
thank you for your response I appreciate your help
#467 by Sharonlouise
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:22 am
Smoked 35 cigs a day been smoking 50 years. Stopped smoking evening if 29 July so done over 24 hours as non smoker I have never done this before. So pleased with myself. I was getting unable to breath of a night and that was scary
#470 by Bdr
Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:36 pm
I couldn't do the patch or the pills. The side affects where too much for me so I vaped and it worked for me. You need a good atomizer and you have to reduce the amount of nicotine over time. As I have mentioned in another post I no longer smoke or vape. 40 years of smoking for me. PS the smoke free app does help. It becomes a bit of a challenge cause you just want that next reward.
#476 by Sharonlouise
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:19 pm
Hi. I am still smoke free on day 20 using. Nrt gum and ordinary sugar free gum and it's working for me. I used to just think of my next smokeball the time but slowly I am beginning to forget it from time to time. It is getting easier
#477 by Chris n
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:17 am
Hi well done for the 20 days. I've been trying to stop on and off for 5 years now. I'm trying nicotine patches this time. I'm just wondering how many a day you smoked and if you use a e-cig?
#479 by Cass2424
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:45 pm
I quit 3 days ago. I did a bunch of research and decided on an e cig to help me. I bought a "G-Priv 220w" vaporizer. It's bulky, and heavier than an e cig pen. The juice comes in a bunch of flavors, so I went with watermelon jolly rancher, so that would help with food cravings also. I don't eat much sweets, but I didn't want to eat more, trying to replace that void. I have quit before, gained 20 pounds, and then started smoking again, when I tried it cold turkey. I am finding that in the past 72 hours, I have zero cravings for a real cigarette and when I see someone smoking, I almost gag Bc I imagine the smell. I had a love hate relationship with cigarettes - I loved having one when I woke up in the morning, after a meal, in a stressful situation, etc. but I hated the physical feeling they gave me. After smoking a full pack, 20 cigarettes a day, everyday, for almost 12 years, I am finally smoke free and I feel so much better ! There are so many apps and resources out there to help you. I went with the NRT in the form of vaping, which has great flavor, only 6mg of nicotine per bottle of juice, and the vapor feels and looks like cig smoke. It has helped a lot ! My plan is to vape until I can get down to 0mg of nicotine, then I won't need this NRT at all. It may not help everyone, but it is helping me and I was a heavy smoker. I threw away all my lighters, detailed my car so it wouldn't have any cig smell, and wrote a goodbye letter to tcigarettes. It was short and simple, but I felt great by "breaking up with" them. It sounds cheesy, but national quit smoking resources suggested it so I did it. I will be 30 this year, and I decided to make this huge change, for the better. I have changed my entire diet, I cut out heavy carbs, and I eat a lot of veggies and fruits and natural, unprocessed foods. I have lost 15 pounds in the past month and quit smoking 3 days ago. I feel so good ! When I quit smoking in the past, I had so many cravings that I couldn't kick. This time, I firmly believe the NRT I chose is such a good tool, and I have had zero cravings since I started using it. I have so much energy, I don't smell like smoke, and going up and down flights of stairs (I live in an apartment) doesn't make me winded. However you choose to quit smoking, by using some form of NRT, cold turkey, hypnotism, etc, doesn't matter. I found what works for me, and I highly suggest it. I remind myself that cigarettes used to have a tight grip on me. I WAS an addict. I WAS a smoker. I WAS controlled by them. But I have made the choice to let those chains go. They will not control me anymore. I feel so free ! Good luck to you, you can do it !