Need help using the app or the forum? Found a bug? Want to make a suggestion about how it could be improved?
#289 by tonyp1983
Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:41 pm
The latest iOS app update has lost all my data! Everything shows as blank or 'NaN'! :(
#290 by dave
Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:04 am
Sorry about this, there's a bit of a problem with the way the Apple Watch app talks to the phone app.

To fix this force quit the app (double-tap the home button and slide Smoke Free up and away) and restart. Please note this only works if you haven't re-entered any information into Help > App settings > Change smoking data.
#291 by tonyp1983
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:18 am
That doesn't work and I can't enter any data even if I want to. Any attempt to get into those settings crashes the app.

Also, not sure if this is relevant but I don't have an Apple Watch?
#292 by dave
Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm
Hmm, that's worrying.

We'll look into what's going wrong here but I'm afraid the only fix I know if is a pretty drastic one. and involves going to Help > App settings > Reset all data.

This will return the app to factory settings meaning any logged cravings or diary entries will be lost. However, if you enter the same quit date and smoking details your dashboard and badges will be restored. You can also restore your purchase by going to Help > Smoke Free Pro and clicking the Restore button in the top right.
#296 by dave
Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:03 am
If the dashboard figures seem out it's usually because you've entered something into the diary that would adjust those figures. This can happen in two places, either you say you've smoked and indicated that you've smoked quite a few cigarettes and/or you've entered an amount into the field that asks "Any spend on e-cigs/NRT?".

So the first step is to check your diary entries. If that doesn't work, please have a look at the figures you've entered about your smoking (iPhone: Help > App settings > Change smoking data; Android: Settings > Smoking data).
#315 by JohnK2nd
Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:06 pm
I can't seem to get the money saved feature to show anything but NaN.
#316 by JohnK2nd
Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:21 pm
Stephanie24rosenbaum wrote:I'm trying to find out why my app doesn't show how much money I have saved?

Same here, Stephanie. I thought purchasing the app would solve it, but no.
#317 by dave
Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:39 pm
NaN usually shows if one of the figures in Smoking Data is set to zero. And this can happen if you enter the price of a packet of cigarettes with a currency symbol (the $ for example). So please have a look at what's in Smoking Data (in Settings on Android, in Help > App settings on iOS), fix the currency problem if that exists and post back here if there's another issue.