Need help using the app or the forum? Found a bug? Want to make a suggestion about how it could be improved?
#177 by prestige27
Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 am
You should add in a category to factor in costs for smoke cessation methods. For example, if someone stopped smoking cigs, but vapes instead (I know there would be a lot of areas of the app that would need to be tweaked, but it would make this app out of this world!) Like I vape now, so I should be able to put in how much I've spent on a battery, cartomizer, eliquid, etc..... If my eliquid has nicotine , or not etc.......
#184 by dave
Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:09 pm
Definitely want to allow for vaping at some point in the near future. As you say, this could be complicated to implement, but if we ask how much you've spent we could easily take that from the dashboard figures - and possibly total it separately so you can see how much cheaper vaping is to smoking.

I think we're going to handle the nicotine issue by hiding the health bar that indicates whether nicotine is still in your system for people using NRT of any kind.
#242 by RobbieLee
Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 am
1: A more prominent link to this site like on the control panel and / or diary section. It's been a great help to me.

2: re: Vamping - have adding it to your initial profile baseline setup.

3: NRT - again enable you to add it to initial setup.

4: Have NRT or vamping statistics appear on badges or whatever as a feedback tool.

5: Enable editing your initial setup (or if you already can, how). Then having the graphics, indicators, and such disappear once the profile is edited and they are removed.

If you can edit your initial baseline setup, how do you do that?

More later and again thanks again for your service Dave! You Rock! Really! :D
#243 by dave
Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:16 pm
Thanks for the ideas, that's really helpful.

We're hoping to integrate this forum into the app soon and will consider adding the others in due course.

You can edit some data in Settings > Change smoking data - is that what you mean?
#244 by bliss
Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:03 pm
I would like to be able to click on a button whenever I have a craving rather than logging in to diary. I just started this today though so maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.
#245 by dave
Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:42 pm
We don't have that feature on the Android yet, but it is on the iOS version, though as it's on the dashboard I'm sure you'd have seen it.

The Android is a little behind the iOS version in terms of features and we've got a new release coming soon which will address some of these gaps, but not this particular one I'm afraid. We'll look at adding that in the near future. Thanks for letting us know it's something you want.
#246 by heartbreak61
Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:41 pm
Well
1. I think that custom currency symbol would be nice to have.

2. It will be nice if you add some points and level up system (just like in games)

Thanks
#248 by dave
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:07 pm
The currency thing is coming really soon. I know I've been saying this for months now but we're in what I hope (please God) are the final stages of testing.

We have thought about levelling up but I'm not sure it works in a smoking app. The hardest part about giving up smoking is usually the first few days and weeks. So unlocking extra features only after certain milestones have been reached wouldn't be giving people the help when they need it most - at the very start of their quit.

If you - or anyone else - has got other ideas about how levelling up could work I'd be delighted to hear them.
#249 by heartbreak61
Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 am
Hi Dave!

I hope the custom currency could be implemented real soon.

Yeah, you're right that the hardest time of quitting is on the early days or weeks. Then I think that it will be better if the achievements are rescaled and focused on early days. On early days, people are craving more, but on the other side, they check this app more often. So, I think having shorter challenge will help to divert their mind from nicotine.

It will be nice too, if there's more quick fact to display. Especially on those mission completion gifs (I love them, really. But it could be better :lol: ). The idea is same like above. By reading more, it will help diversion from nicotine while providing things for their mind to think.

Well, thats all I could think about (for now), thanks for your great app

Ps: sorry for my english
#250 by dave
Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:25 pm
I reckon we're talking days now. Just trying to fix a bug where the phone thinks everyone is in the US and so assigns the $ to their figures. Once that, and a couple of other bugs are fixed, we're good to go.

Could you explain more about what you mean by mission facts? Do you mean more text on each mission, a different gif after the mission or something else?