Need help giving up smoking? Can you help others? This is where you can find help dealing with cravings, where you can discuss advance plans for dealing with difficult situations or general advice about staying smoke free.
#389 by Papernix
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 pm
Hello everybody,

This is my first post and the beginning of day 5 of not smoking.

I have been wanting to quit for quite sometime now. And have quit multiple times sometimes for up to nine months at various points during my 10 year residency as a smoker.

This time.... I didn't choose to quit. I went in for a tooth extraction on my front tooth and had extensive bone grafting done there as well. Surgery wasn't technically even planned for this particular Monday morning the doctor just happened to have time and I happened to have not eaten. It was 12:15pm the doctor had told me to come back in an hour and after JUST being told how smoking reduced my chance of overall success with the procedures that lie ahead of me I had no real option but to quit.

In this process the antibiotics have completely torn apart my body, I'm in pain because of Surgery and swelling, and are not smoking on top of all of that. Well I'm sure I've just been a peach to be around. :shock:

Sorry for the ramble this is the only thing distracting me right now.
#391 by Bresnan
Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:58 am
it's really great news that you quit smoking already. Thanks!
#399 by Handluggage
Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm
I'm also day five. Well done! Tooth sounds pretty harsh. it's sooo good to use this app. It's really good to top up my positive reminders for giving up! Cravings triggered today quite strong but this app distracts me from them. I am determined to kick this disgusting drug! Been too long a space to it and bloody miserable. Do feel fitter at mo and energy is better than it was. Working tomorrow and praying I will stay strong!!
We can do this!!!!!!!!
#401 by MasterBlaze
Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:36 pm
Hello everybody, This is my first post and the beginning of day 5 of not smoking.
I have been wanting to quit for quite sometime now. And have quit multiple times sometimes for up to nine months at various points during my 10 year residency as a smoker. This time.... I didn't choose to quit. I went in for a tooth extraction on my front tooth and had extensive bone grafting done there as well. I did get a little help when I found a great online smoke shop; http://www.herbtools.co.uk/ .Surgery wasn't technically even planned for this particular Monday morning the doctor just happened to have time and I happened to have not eaten.

If you've done a few months before then you can do longer! That is a great starting point. I've heard many people face dental issues and the cost was huge.