Need help giving up smoking? Can you help others? This is where you can find help dealing with cravings, where you can discuss advance plans for dealing with difficult situations or general advice about staying smoke free.
#337 by Chris
Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 am
How long before cravings stop I've gone 3 days cold turkey and today feel worse than ever :mrgreen:
#339 by brainiac100
Thu May 05, 2016 5:15 pm
My cravings stopped about 10 days after I quit. However, I suggest staying away from alcohol because those cravings are too strong . . .
#340 by CigaretteKills
Thu May 19, 2016 7:25 am
Third day is considered universally as the high point of craving as now nicotine is gone from your system. Don't try to fight it.
Enjoy these feelings. This is your body adjusting itself to run more efficiently and cleaning itself. You can actually feel how your body is becoming healthier. It is an amazing feeling.
#343 by TheSKIMO
Mon May 23, 2016 8:17 pm
Cravings , I've heard from Ex-Smokers that, even with YEARS without Smokin, they still have the Cravings, as far as myself I have tried the COLD TURKEY TRIP & It Didn't Do Me Any Good; my Irritation & Aggravation Levels were so Extreme that my Family & Friends Preferred I went back to Smokin and try to find another Quit Method, so I talked Extensively with All My Doctors & they Suggested trying the different types of Quit Smoking Aids, Patches & Gums were OUT of the List due to the Effects they could possibly have with me Heart Condition & Meds. So I decided to go with the Chantix and after starting it was good until I started on the Second Pill of The Day and then I was at the point of NOT Getting Any Sleep At Night, so I stopped the afternoon Pill and just take the One In The Morning and it does help cut the Cravings. Also after talking to my Doctors about the issue of Cold Turkey Irritation & Aggravation they suggested I try Setting A Quit Date & Slowly Wean Myself Off by cutting back & find New Hobbies or Even Old Ones, to keep me occupied Mentally & Physically. The Doctors were More Concerned For My Heart Condition & The Stress Level Caused By The Cold Turkey, concern I PERSONALLY Was also worried about, so here I am 1 Week & 2 Days away From Quit Day & About 1 Month & 3 Weeks From The Date That I Made Up My Mind To Start This New Journey. ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT I CAN FIND WILL HELP ME CONQUER THIS , Just As ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS Helped Me Conquer The Affects Of Alcohol In My Life.
My Cravings for cigarettes are there, yet I've got Tools To Depend On & USE. This Is Just One Of Them !!!
#344 by SmokeGanj
Wed May 25, 2016 2:03 pm
TheSKIMO wrote:Cravings , I've heard from Ex-Smokers that, even with YEARS without Smokin, they still have the Cravings, as far as myself I have tried the COLD TURKEY TRIP & It Didn't Do Me Any Good; my Irritation & Aggravation Levels were so Extreme that my Family & Friends Preferred I went back to Smokin and try to find another Quit Method, so I talked Extensively with All My Doctors & they Suggested trying the different types of Quit Smoking Aids, Patches & Gums were OUT of the List due to the Effects they could possibly have with me Heart Condition & Meds. So I decided to go with the Chantix and after starting it was good until I started on the Second Pill of The Day and then I was at the point of NOT Getting Any Sleep At Night, so I stopped the afternoon Pill and just use my bong from the shop. Also after talking to my Doctors about the issue of Cold Turkey Irritation & Aggravation they suggested I try Setting A Quit Date & Slowly Wean Myself Off by cutting back & find New Hobbies or Even Old Ones, to keep me occupied Mentally & Physically. The Doctors were More Concerned For My Heart Condition & The Stress Level Caused By The Cold Turkey, concern I PERSONALLY Was also worried about, thanks to the bong shop, so here I am 1 Week & 2 Days away From Quit Day & About 1 Month & 3 Weeks From The Date That I Made Up My Mind To Start This New Journey. ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT I CAN FIND WILL HELP ME CONQUER THIS , Just As ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS Helped Me Conquer The Affects Of Alcohol In My Life.
My Cravings for cigarettes are there, yet I've got Tools To Depend On & USE. This Is Just One Of Them !!!

Cold turkey stopping is better than nothing but I prefer to stop gradually, it gives easier withdrawal symptoms to deal with. I used to use a water pipe to attempt to make smoking healthier but it did not help.
#345 by Megan Raasch
Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 pm
I am on my quit day and feeling hugely optimistic! I am on Champix starter pack, which does wonders to curb the cravings
#346 by Jenny64
Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:25 am
Good for you!! How are you doing on day 3? Today is my quit day. Using the patch. Yay, us!!
#406 by Kimmie
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 am
Quit day.... I usually go 2 days the start up again... hopeping to follow thru with this app
#407 by AddictionFixMatt
Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:11 am
Hey Kimmie,

What have you found to be the reason(s) why you only go 2 days and start again?

Kimmie wrote:Quit day.... I usually go 2 days the start up again... hopeping to follow thru with this app