Need help giving up smoking? Can you help others? This is where you can find help dealing with cravings, where you can discuss advance plans for dealing with difficult situations or general advice about staying smoke free.
#408 by Rankor
Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Im 2 days 14hrs in. Its 6.30am and just had a massive craving. Got up had a drink and rerurned to bed then opened app and recorded craving.

It went away. Loving this app. I usually only last a day even with nicotine replacement products. Trying cold turkey, i paid for this app so i would actually try harder too.
#411 by AddictionFixMatt
Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:15 pm
Rankor wrote:Im 2 days 14hrs in. Its 6.30am and just had a massive craving. Got up had a drink and rerurned to bed then opened app and recorded craving.

It went away. Loving this app. I usually only last a day even with nicotine replacement products. Trying cold turkey, i paid for this app so i would actually try harder too.

This is a great sign of personal control.

Keep it up!

The mornings are probably the worst with cravings, more so when we wake up with not enough rest.

How is your sleep?
#414 by Nad0704
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:06 am
Rankor wrote:Im 2 days 14hrs in. Its 6.30am and just had a massive craving. Got up had a drink and rerurned to bed then opened app and recorded craving.

Rancor

First off, good on you for your 2nd day. I found to assist with cravings Excel mints works wonders. I use those as there is no aspartame which may cause headaches. Pop one in your mouth if you are having a craving and see if that helps. I'm in Canada so if you can't find them I'm sure any mint at your local convenient store will help.
#418 by DONZOL
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:37 am
I keep telling myself that if I am tempted to drink or smoke, I will remember that the next cigarette or drink could be the one that kills me or triggers off a stroke or Ac heart attack or a long lingering painful illness like emphysema, cirrhosis of the liver or cancer
#421 by Tina
Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:31 pm
This is my latest attempt at quiting. For cravings I use the lozenges and I also try to move around. Walk up and down stairs, or if I'm at my office sometimes close the door and do some squats. I could also stand to loose a fe pounds. Today is day one for me